Effective Date: April 23, 2021
We at VoxetLiber.com (“we” or “us”) respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship we have with you. This Privacy and Cookie Notice applies to personal information we collect through any online interface (e.g., website, mobile application, or other interactive service) that contains a link to this Notice authorized by us (the “Site(s)”). This Notice also applies to personal information we receive outside of our Sites, e.g., contact information we receive at trade shows, business meetings or through publicly available websites or publications.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we may use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
We may obtain certain personal information (such as name and other contact details) when you choose to provide it to us, when it is publicly available, automatically from our Sites or from third parties. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- contact information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number;
- month and year of birth;
- username and password;
- personal information in comments and other content (including manuscripts) you provide on or through our Sites (including profile information provided from registered users of VoxetLiber.com) or social media pages;
- information contained in member messages sent to other registered members in chat rooms;
- personal information in user-generated content you may provide on the Site (such as comments, photos and essays);
- employment information, such as your work experience;
- payment information, such as name, billing address, shipping address, phone number and credit card number;
- information concerning your interests and product preferences;
- poll, survey and/or questionnaire responses;
- sweepstakes, contest and/or promotion entries;
- the content of your communications with us; and
- contact information provided at conferences or other places, such as on business cards or through conference badge swipes and from public websites or other publicly available sources.
In addition, when you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of visits to the Sites. By collecting this information, we can better understand activity on our Site learn how to best tailor our Sites to our visitors. While we generally examine such information only in the aggregate, such information could be linked back to individual IP addresses or other information about you. For more information on cookies, see the next section.
Cookies and Online Tracking
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We use two kinds of cookies on the Sites: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they disappear. Persistent cookies, in contrast, last from visit to visit; they remain on your hard drive after you exit your browser. The cookies used on the Sites include those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies), remember your choices (functionality cookies), and cookies that provide you with targeted content or advertising (described more below under “Interest-based Advertising”). Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognize your computer when you visit the Sites;
- to track you as you navigate the Sites, and to enable the use of any e-commerce facilities;
- to improve the Sites’ usability;
- to analyze the use of the Sites;
- in the administration of the Sites; and
- to personalize the Sites for you, including serving targeted advertisements which may be of particular interest to you both on and off the Sites.
We also may use “web beacons” on our Sites. A web beacon, also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to our service providers’ servers. These web beacons are the technique by which our service providers compile information about your browsing activity on the Sites.
We also use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyze how users use our Sites. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. These service providers may retain and use non-personally identifiable collected from users of our Sites in connection with their own businesses, including in order to improve their products and services. To learn more about opting out of data collection through Google Analytics, click the links below:
- Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
You may also be able to limit the association of your mobile device with your online activities by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device. For more information about how to change these settings go to:
These Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain through the Site to:
- create and manage your account;
- offer and provide products, services and tailored information to you, including email newsletters;
- permit you to participate in blogging, forums, and discussion groups;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- display content on our Sites, such as stories, product reviews and photos;
- respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Sites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, and trend analysis);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies and where otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for the purposes described in the Cookies and Online Tracking section above such as: (i) recognizing your computer when you visit the Sites; (ii) tracking you as you navigate the Sites, and to enable the use of any e-commerce facilities; (iii) improving the Sites’ usability; (iv) analyzing the use of the Sites; (v) administration of the Sites; and (vi) personalizing the Sites for you, including targeting content and advertisements which may be of particular interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Sites, identify users of our Sites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Sites, how users navigate through our Sites, and how we may tailor our Sites to better meet the needs of our users. See the Cookies and Online Tracking section above for more information.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These may include, without limitation, some of the blogs and forums to which you are provided access through the Sites. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with VoxetLiber.com, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
The Sites are intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on our Sites. We use technical measures intended to prevent the collection of such information from children under 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on our Sites, we will delete the information from our records.
If you receive a marketing email from us, you can follow the unsubscribe link included in each of our e-mail marketing communications to opt-out of receiving the specific type of marketing email (i.e. a particular e-newsletter) or all marketing emails from VoxetLiber.com. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional messages from us.
The Sites are designed for and targeted to U.S. and Canadian audiences and governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the U.S. and Canada.
Please note that any information that you provide to us is being transferred to or collected in the U.S. and U.S. law governs.
BY CONTINUING TO USE THESE SITES AND/OR SUBMITTING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU MEET AGE AND OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SITE AS SET FORTH IN THIS NOTICE AS WELL AS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND CONSENT TO COLLECTION, USE, DISCLOSURE, STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA, SWITZERLAND, CANADA, OR ANY OTHER NON U.S. JURISDICTION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS NOTICE.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our information practices (or those of our service providers) or our products or services, please contact us at: